Monday, October 15, 2007

Memories of Kelsey








On October 3rd at 5:30 in the morning my 16 year old niece Kelsey went to be with the Lord. She glorified the Lord in her life and has through her death. Many lives have been changed since the Lord took her to be with Him. She is where I long to be. As Paul says, "To live is Christ, to die is gain." Kelsey has gained what I long for: to see my Lord face to face. To worship at His feet. Lives have been changed. Mine has been changed. I have had to re-focus. I have had to look closely at my priorities. I have had to balance the "peace that passes all understanding" with the human emotion of the grief that I feel as I miss Kelsey. She was a joyful, funny, dramatic, talented musician who loved the Lord and loved life. My life will never be the same. My family has felt the many, many prayers offered the past 12 days. They have sustained us. Thank you to all of my friends that have been faithful to pray for me and my family.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish i could have gotten to know Kelsey! but this is God's plan in her and our life. i will be praying!

Terah

Anonymous said...

We pray, mourn, and rejoice with your family. It is amazing to see God's sovereign hand in all of this. We love you!

Anita said...

I, too, have been praying for you and your family Melanie. I truly do trust that you have been strengthened by my small efforts.

The loss of one so precious truly leaves me at a loss for words. You will continue to be in my prayers as you continue to grieve and live in a way that honors our Lord and Kelsey's memory.

I love you!

SherreeMurray said...

I've been thinking about you a lot...and all you've been through in the past couple of weeks.....just can't imagine. I'm really sorry. Just trying to wrap my mind around all she is witnessing now, and know she'll be waiting when you get there. Love ya!