Thursday, October 25, 2007

Hard Days


Some days are just hard days. Do you ever just want to runaway from life? Today is such a day for me. Yesterday would have been my neice Kelsey's 17th birthday. I came to Dallas on Tuesday to be with my sister and the rest of my family. We planted a pink crepe myrtle in their yard to be a reminder of life... as it blooms pink every spring. Sometimes my heart hurts so much the only way to get through the day is to remember Who is my sustaining strength. I try to remember the God of the mountain top victories is also the one who holds my hand through "the valley of the shadow of death." Some days it is hard to "count it all joy when you encounter various trials...". It is still a journey to rest in this command. Today it is hard to count.

No comments: