Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday afternoon

Here a couple of pictures that I took yesterday afternoon. Since it is Sunday, and Sunday is a day of rest, that is exactly what everyone is doing today. Resting! Josanna, Dan & Augustus are all trying to catch up on their sleep. Tom is taking his traditional Sunday afternoon nap. Chad is playing (he doesn't hardly ever take a nap) and I am about ready to go out into the sunshine and rest in my hammock. Gus is doing well today. They are not bottle feeding him today, just using the NG tube and the IV for him to get enough nourishment without burning up so many calories trying to suck on a bottle. He weighed in last night at 5 lbs. 4.2 oz!! Dan told me to expect that weight to go down when they take him off of the IV glucose. Dan also told me this afternoon that he had changed Gus' diaper for the first time. Whoo Hooo. First of many!!



5 comments:

Millicent said...

Congratulations on Gus!!! He is such a pretty baby. I know you'll all be glad when he's just a bit bigger and home with his mommy and daddy.

Gumbygrace said...

Thanks! We are so thankful that he is doing so well considering how early he was born and how sick Josanna was. We are very blessed with this little miracle.

Maria Elisabeth Rodgers said...

Melanie,
thank you so much for posting so many pictures and updates on that sweet little boy. He is so precious!!! We are praying that he will gain weight fast and get stronger by the minutes!

Sisco Family said...

i just realized that your profile pic changed and came here to hear the news! yeah! congrats. tell everyone we are excited to see gus. the nicu is no fun, but at least he is in the BEST hands! hang in there... we are praying for gus to get super strong and go home soon! love you all.

did you already come to tyler? did i miss you? i hope not, but if so... next time!

Gumbygrace said...

Thanks for all of your prayers. Yes, Mandy I already came to Tyler. I knew that you were in the middle of that really bad ear infection and thought I would be more of a friend by not dropping by and let you heal. Next time I'm in Tyler though, I promise I will stop.